With the aim to enhance the strength and visibility of Ukraine’s biotechnology research sector, the US-Ukraine Foundation Biotech Initiative will provide grants of up to $3,000 to Ukrainian biotechnology researchers for the purpose of travel that contributes to their professional growth, enhances their and Ukraine's reputation in the field of biotechnology and encourages scientific collaboration and technology commercialization. Awards may be used for travel to conferences, courses or workshops, or to engage in other professional development activities.
Recipients are selected on a competitive basis by a review committee in the US.
- Lidiia Babenko - UEG Week / Barcelona, Spain | October 19-23, 2019
- Viktoriya Havryliak - 5th International Conference of Biotechnology, Environment and Engineering Sciences / Stockholm, Sweden | September 26-27, 2019
- Tetiana Ivanova - proBIOGAS International – Biogas engineering and operating training with plant visits / Stuttgart, Germany | September 24 - October 2, 2019
- Alexander Kyrychenko - Training at the University of Kansas Medical Center / Kansas City, MO, USA | September - December 2019
- Oleh Lushchak - 3rd Molecular Biology of Aging Meeting / Groningen, Netherlands | October 10-12, 2019
- Alex Nyporko - ASCB|EMBO 2019 / Washington, DC, USA | December 7-11, 2019
- Bohdan Ostash - Natural Product Discovery and Development in the Genomic Era / San Diego, CA, USA | January 12-16, 2020
- Viktoriia Pyeshkova - 2nd World Congress on Biosensors and Bioelectronics / Singapore | November 27-28, 2019
- Anastasiia Rabokon - Introduction to CRISPR-Cas9 Genome Editing - Design to Analysis / Darmstadt, Germany | September 3-6, 2019
- Yana Sindarovska - Plant Genomes, System Biology and Engineering Meeting / Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, NY, USA | December 4-7, 2019
- Kateryna Vus - Precision Health: Molecular Basis, Technology and Digital Health (EMBO workshop) / Heidelberg, Germany | November 13-16, 2019
2018 Travel Grant recipients:
- Olha Brovarets - 63rd Biophysical Society Meeting / 2-6 March 2019, Baltimore, MD / Read more
- Volodymyr Shablii - International Society for Stem Cell Research Annual Meeting 2019 / 26-29 June 2019, Los Angeles, CA / Read more
- Svitlana Bilous - IUFRO Tree Biotechnology Conference / 23-28 June 2019, Raleigh, NC / Read more
- Marta Semkiv - Synthetic Biology Course, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory / July 23 - August 5, 2019 / Cold Spring Harbor, NY / Read more
- Rostyslav Blume - Annual Plant Biology Meeting / August 3-7, 2019 / San Jose, CA / Read more
This call for travel grant applications is closed. Stay tuned for future opportunities.
Funding mechanism: Grant
Eligibility: Citizens of Ukraine currently residing in Ukraine are eligible to apply
Anticipated Total Available Funding: $30,000
Anticipated Number of Awards: Up to 10
Anticipated Award Amount: Up to $3,000 per awardee
Application Due Date: June 14, 2019, 12:00 EST (19:00 Kyiv time).
Awardees will be notified in July 2019.
How to Apply
Email the following documents as attachments to: gro.e1566629235niark1566629235usu@h1566629235cetoi1566629235b1566629235
- completed application form - download it here
- CV in English
[save the files as “YourLastName-USUF Biotech Travel Grant Application 2019” / "YourLastName-CV 2019" and include “Travel Grant Application 2019” in the subject line when sending you documents]