Hello Bio TRAVEL GRANTS
Every month Hello Bio awards a travel grant of $500 to a post-graduate or post-doctoral researcher attending a relevant conference. A monthly drawing is held on the first Thursday of each month.
FULBRIGHT VISITING SCHOLAR PROGRAM
The Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program offers research opportunities at U.S. universities and research institutions for scholars, researchers and other professionals. It targets scholars and teaching faculty, who are either teaching at higher education institutions or are affiliated with academic, research, or cultural institutions, including libraries, archives and museums, or with NGOs (Non-Governmental Organizations).
Scholar/Professional Status: Academic candidates must have a post-graduate academic degree (Kandydat Nauk, PhD, PhD in Arts, Doctor Nauk). Professionals and artists outside academia may be exempt from the requirements to have a third level qualification if they have 5 or more years of professional qualifications and/or experience, recognized professional standing and substantial accomplishments.
Eligible Fields: Humanities and Social Sciences, Hard Sciences, Technology, and Engineering
Category of Grant: Research
Grant/Program Dates or Duration: Three to 9 months
Deadline: Oct. 15, 2019
FULBRIGHT RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Проведення досліджень в університетах США тривалістю від шести до дев’яти місяців. У конкурсі можуть брати участь особи віком до 40 років з дворічним професійним досвідом: викладачі; аспіранти та дослідники, які ще не мають наукового ступеня; кандидати наук (не пізніше 5-ти років після захисту); адміністратори вищих навчальних закладів; співробітники науково-дослідних установ; журналісти; фахівці з бібліотечної, музейної та архівної справи; спеціалісти у сфері управління культурою; працівники громадських організацій (НДО).
Галузі спеціалізації: гуманітарні, соціальні, точні, технічні та природничі дисципліни
Deadline: Nov. 1, 2019
PLATON KOSTYUK AWARD
Young biomedical researchers working in Ukraine are invited to apply for the 2019 Platon Kostyuk Award presented by Kostyuk Fund of The Shevchenko Scientific Society in the US (http://shevchenko.org).
Biological and medical scientists with PhD/Cand.Sci. degree received no longer than 10 years ago (by date of deadline) are eligible for the application. Previous winners of the Award are not eligible to apply.
Application should contain:
- A one-page CV that includes dates and institutions of graduation and obtained degrees.
- A list of recent (up to 5 years) peer-reviewed articles (not conference abstracts!) published in English, Ukrainian, or Russian. Please indicate an impact factor for each publication. Briefly (shorter than half-page) describe your specific contribution to the research.
- A brief statement (up to two pages) describing your major achievements in context of selection criteria outlined below. The statement is the most important element of the evaluation; ALL selection criteria should be addressed in the statement.
- A pdf copy of the applicant’s most important publication.
Application should be written in English using font not less than 11 pt, margins not less than 1.5 cm and organized in the described order as a single pdf file.
Submit to before or on November 11, 2019 (including).
The following selection criteria will be regarded when reviewing the applications:
- significance of your research area for Ukraine and mankind;
- significance of obtained results for your research area;
- originality and innovativeness of your research approaches;
- shown ability to make most of available resources;
- scientific merit of publications (a total impact factor of your publications for last 5 years calculated as a sum of Ifs (1*IF, if you are the first or last author and 0.5 if you are not; please calculate this factor and indicate it at the end of your brief statement).
Each category has a 5-level scoring (maximum is 25 points). Scoring and selection is performed by donors of Kostyuk Fund of The Shevchenko Scientific Society who wish to be involved in the review process. All of them are foreign scientists working in a field of biomedical research. If two or more candidates score the same, the award will be shared among them.
The recipient(s) of the Kostyuk Award will be recognized by a commemorative plaque and personal cash award (30,000 hryvnas) during a joint meeting of Bogomoletz Institute Research Council and Young Scientist Council. The recipient(s) are expected to give a talk about their work at the award ceremony.
More information about this award and its former recipients can be found at: http://usn.org.ua/index.php?id=fond-kostyuka
WOSKOB INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH IN AGRICULTURE (WIRA) SCHOLAR PROGRAM
The WIRA Scholar Program is a Faculty Development Program (FDP) to provide opportunity for new, promising faculty members from Ukrainian agricultural universities for a professional development in curriculum improvement and teaching capacity.
The main goals of the FDP are:
- improve current programs and develop new courses
- implement new teaching skills, methods, and tools obtained at Penn State University
- expand knowledge and expertise in their fields of study
- stimulate adoption of new changes in their home universities in program development, academic crediting, implementation of new teaching techniques
- provide a link for on-going academic, research, and outreach exchanges between home universities and Penn State University
The Faculty Development Program provides university instructors with a semester-long opportunity to expand their knowledge and expertise in their academic field by attending classes and working with the College of Agricultural Sciences faculty members.
ONLINE PORTALS FOR GRANT OPPORTUNITIES
Funding Information Network
GURT Resource Centre
– an online platform for discovering, funding, and sharing scientific research.
– a scientist-focused organization that empowers researchers to shrink the gap between science and society. They train scientists how to connect to the wider world, back scientists in their outreach, and crowdfund to support research.
– a crowdfunding platform designed specifically for healthcare.