USUF Biotech Initiative Programs
What Assistance Will We Provide?
The Foundation envisions providing financial assistance in the forms of the following:
- Grants to Ukrainian entrepreneurs of start-ups and small/medium size businesses to support business innovation, on-going development, infrastructure needs and research.
- Grants to Ukrainian graduate students, researchers, and others who wish to attend or participate in a biotechnology conference or similar educational experience, such as an internship, in the U.S. with a biotech-related company or organization; the Foundation will provide assistance in the form of conference fees, travel grants, housing stipends.
What Types of Activities Will We Support?
The Foundation envisions supporting projects that seek to accomplish the following:
- Developing cooperative relationships between Ukrainian and U.S. biotechnology players through trade shows, conferences and other networking opportunities.
- Stimulating U.S. corporate support for small Ukrainian biotech companies, start-ups and entrepreneurs.
- Facilitating internships in the U.S. for Ukrainian university and post-graduate students.
- Organizing and promoting U.S. experts to travel to Ukraine for training, networking and advisory purposes.
- Advocating for the development of biotechnology in Ukraine.
- Encouraging the development of biotech incubators in Ukraine.
- Working with Ukrainian government officials to enhance biotech development and opportunities in local and regional jurisdictions.