The IEEE International Conference on “Nanomaterials: Applications & Properties” (NAP-2021) will be held as a "physical" meeting on Sept. 5-11, 2021 in hotel GAGARINN, Odesa, Ukraine. For the last four years, the NAP conference was co-organized by Sumy State University and the IEEE Nanotechnology Council. The #NAP2021 is endorsed and supported by the International Union for Pure and Applied Physics, and the IEEE Magnetics Society. This is an annual conference, and 200+ international attendees are expected.
First Call for Abstracts/Papers:
The submission of abstracts for Oral and Poster presentations at the IEEE NAP-2021 Conference is open. The Call for Papers is now available.
The abstract submission deadline is May 17, 2021.
Register on the conference website and submit yours today!
The NAP-2021 Conference continues the tradition of bringing together materials science and engineering experts, emphasizing nanomaterials-related topics:
- Nanomaterials Synthesis & Self-assembly
- Thin Films & Coatings
- Nanoscale Imaging & Characterization
- Transport Properties in Nanoscale Systems
- Nanomagnetism & Magnetic Materials
- Superconductivity in Nanoscale Systems
- Nanodevices & Sensors
- Nanomaterials for Energy & Environment
- Biomedical Applications
- Theory, Modeling & Interdisciplinary Topics
World-class Plenary Speakers, internationally recognized physicists, chemists, and materials science experts:
- Dr. Anne M. Andrews, Professor of Psychiatry & Biobehavioral Sciences and Chemistry & Biochemistry, University of California, Los Angeles;
- Dr. Shaowei Chen, Professor of Chemistry, University of California, Santa Cruz;
- Dr. Yury Gogotsi, Distinguished University, and Charles T. and Ruth M. Bach Professor, Drexel University;
- Dr. Laura H. Greene, Chief Scientist, National High Magnetic Field Laboratory, Tallahassee and Krafft Professor of Physics, Florida State University;
- Dr. Paul S. Weiss, Presidential Chair, Distinguished Professor of Chemistry & Biochemistry, Bioengineering, and Materials Science & Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles;
- Dr. Gleb Yushin, Professor at the School of Materials and Engineering at Georgia Institute of Technology, and co-Founder of Sila Nanotechnologies, Inc.;
- Dr. Bingqing (B. Q.) Wei, Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Delaware, USA.
More than 30 invited speakers will deliver their lectures at various technical sessions of the Conference. A complete list of invited speakers will be finalized by mid-March.
The Conference will be held in GAGARINN, a four-star hotel located in Arcadia, the vivid tourist area of Odesa. The Black sea, cafes and bars, clubs, live entertainment, museums, and many cultural and historic city attractions are all nearby! 24/7 front desk with English-speaking staff, concierge, ATM, on-site restaurant for fine dining, and bar. Enabling the personal well-being of guests and colleagues is the hotel's key priority! It builds on GAGARINN’s long-standing cleanliness protocols and enhances the existing program with guidance developed in response to the pandemic, including recommendations related to deep cleaning, disinfecting, hygiene, and social distancing best practices and protocols. You can book directly by emailing , with free cancellation up to 48 hours before check-in.
Awards & Grants:
Thanks to generosity and support of the IEEE NAP-2021 Conference sponsors, the organizers will continue the traditional “East Meets West” grants program designed to encourage and facilitate the participation of student and WIE attendees, “Rising Stars in Nanoscience & Nanotechnology” Best Presentation Award competition, and “Nanoworld Images” contest.
The accepted abstracts and abstract book will be published on the conference website. Similar to the past NAP conferences, the conference manuscripts (4+ pages) will be peer-reviewed by independent reviewers and evaluated by the Organizing Committee. The papers of good technical quality containing interesting and novel (unpublished) results on one or more topics of the Conference will be recommended for publication in the IEEE Xplore® digital library, indexed by the Scopus (IEEE makes the final decision).
Odesa International Airport (ODS) is a medium-sized international airport in Ukraine. In total, there are 27 airports around the world that have direct flights to Odessa, spread around 26 cities in 16 countries. IEEE NAP-2021 Organizers will meet & greet attendees at the airport and help with airport transfer if needed. Of note, citizens from all EU countries, the USA, Canada, Japan, Brazil, and Argentina, do not need a visa to enter Ukraine for periods of up to 90 days, while citizens of many other countries can obtain an electronic visa online.
Exhibits & Sponsorship:
Share your products and services with the experts in the materials science and engineering and promote your company as a Global Leader in the emerging and expanding market of nanomaterials and nanotechnologies. Make an impression and connect with the key attendees from Europe, Asia, and the USA at the IEEE International Conference on “Nanomaterials: Applications & Properties”!