- This event has passed.
Deadline to Apply for GIST Innovates Ukraine – EXTENDED TO MARCH 6
March 2, 2020
Take your invention from lab to market!
GIST Innovates Ukraine is an accelerated eight-week training program modeled after the Lean Startup methodology. Through an intensive customer discovery process, participants quickly identify and evaluate opportunities and make informed decisions on how best to move their idea forward.
Review the program syllabus here.
Opening 13-15 April, 2020
Closing 10-12 June, 2020
We aim to provide innovators with the training, mentoring, and resources they need to bring their ideas out of the university lab and into the market.
This program is ideal for citizens of Ukraine who are graduate students, faculty, or researchers in science and technology.
We’re looking for 3-person Ukraine-based teams that have technology affiliated with a government agency, university, research lab, incubator, accelerator, or industry.
GIST Innovates Ukraine participants will be eligible to apply for a spot in the GIST Business Incubation program. Two Ukrainian teams will be selected to participate in this international entrepreneurship program that will take place in Fall 2020.
Do you need additional information about the program or the application? Review the GIST Innovates Ukraine Frequently Asked Questions!
Teams must consist of a:
- Technical Lead: Serves as expert of the venture’s technology.
- Entrepreneurial Lead: Serves as team spokesperson, leads efforts in business model development, and interfaces with potential customers.
- Business Mentor: Helps teams develop IP strategy, connects with funders, and advises on customer discovery efforts.
- Experience hands-on learning through in-person training in Kyiv, Ukraine, and online training at GISTNetwork.org in Spring 2020.
- Spend a significant amount of time engaging with industry experts, talking to potential customers, and testing hypotheses.
- Share experiences with other entrepreneurial teams engaged in similar work.